4 Tips for Saving Energy in Calgary This Summer
Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or air.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Winnipeg and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy expenses down.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try a couple other things to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the right product for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*