Booking regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in Calgary operating at peak performance while keeping utility needs small. It also might even help prolong its life span.
While there are a couple things you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do on your own as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is the best time to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you need repair or a new unit, you could be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning maintenance can be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the best order:
- Replace your air filter suggests each month or two. This is especially important if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, as this might limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 403-279-5760, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working like they should and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your system is switching on, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need further service, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing likely issues in a timely manner could solve more expensive issues in the future. This also offers you time to save if your system is getting older.
When you are seeking an updated AC system to help make your new unit more affordable. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your tune-up? Call us at 403-279-5760 or schedule an appointment online today.