There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Calgary. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Calgary, too. Check out some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace operates at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Calgary when it cools off.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if bigger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Calgary, give us a call at 403-279-5760 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.