We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share the common heating problems Calgary homeowners often call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are potentially hundreds of causes why your Calgary home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the required repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Calgary at 403-279-5760 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.