There are a multitude of vapors that could be inside your Calgary house. Natural gas and gases that originate from home furnishings, flooring and paints. None of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 403-279-5760 now to begin defending your family against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a serious issue, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to view it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in low doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can creep into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, it may become fatal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your system. It will take an additional five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses
The gas may also cause conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three steps you can do to keep your family safe:
- Each house with at least one fuel-burning appliance, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a sensor on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 403-279-5760 to buy one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you currently own a carbon monoxide detector, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, leave your home right away and phone 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your home can be protected from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 403-279-5760 to learn more.