Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. Such a headache!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this situation. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it no less than once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and extending its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This allows you to identify and repair growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners wonder if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, think about investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and price range. You’ll get several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, ideally in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified specialists, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.