The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC equipment is the key to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home’s indoor air. Many homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to guarantee a constant supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling often form gradually. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and fix little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract allows access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, our technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Winnipeg Supply Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Winnipeg Supply Service Experts office today.