Your HVAC equipment is vital to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system often progress little by little. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your home comfort system is running like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, the technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.