What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by incomplete fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is lethal at high levels or with extended exposure.