How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Calgary?
Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and lengthening its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time to get that done. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn’t have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to increasing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Include?
An AC tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential issues or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals suggest doing this yourself every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Improved air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Winnipeg Supply Service Experts. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll get several advantages no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for enhancing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with skilled professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans, and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.