Prevention is the most crucial step. Doing proper safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Calgary.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run right but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.