Air conditioners don’t work forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Calgary, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several points to think over, in addition to the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you get new units simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your home comfier and decreasing your monthly heating and cooling expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a special deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your total system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 403-279-5760 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.